Navigate to “System/Panda/Configuration” to be redirected to the settings' configuration page. There are six different subsections in the sidebar group “Green Flying Panda”.
In this section you will find the opportunity to perform general tasks.
- Rebuild Metadata Command Line – This option lists all available options to rebuild metadata created by this extension. This extension uses several auxiliary tables to hold metadata related to segments, customer equity, recommendations, reports and stats. We build this tables because some tasks can be quite resource intensive and it’s not desirable to execute them in the customer navigation workflow, so the customer experience can remain the same. After the first install it is recommended that the operations listed in that block be executed in the terminal in your server (or over SSH). Because the execution time will depend on the number of orders, products and customers, you should verify that everything goes well, and that you don’t need to adjust some server settings (memory_limit and max_execution_time)
- Send Reports back to Green Flying Panda – This option is disabled by default. Once enabled will send, on a daily basis, error reports and general information about the extension. You can always check the information that is being sent. No personal or identifiable information is sent to us.
Use Geo-Data Location Service – If you want to create info windows based on customer geographical data, you will need to specify an API for the service offered by http://ip-api.com .Please note we are not affiliated with the specified service. If you need to use another for the same purpose, please contact us.
Most option in this section are self-explanatory, listed below are the one that may cause some confusion.
- Import Existing Customers – Us this option if you want to send campaigns, not only to subscribers, but also to customers. This option was added as an answer for companies that need to communicate with previous customers, and the communication content, is not considered marketing action, but as an expected communication from the customer in response to an event. For example, when an order is shipped, payment received, product recall and similar. Please remember that use of this feature for Marketing Communications is forbidden on some countries. When this option is enabled you will see an option when creating campaigns to select to whom you wish the campaign to be sent to.
- Expected Reorder Time Attribute – This extension allows you to send re-order reminders to customers. If they purchase a new toothpaste today, most likely they need to by toothpaste again. This product attribute holds the value that defines the default value, in days, between purchases for that product. If the customer orders more than once, the extension will take in consideration the time between orders for that specific customer and ignore this attribute value. More info about this in the “Autoresponders” section in this document.
- Import Current Magento Newsletter Subscribers – If your store already has subscribers, use this option to import them to the extension. Please note that you will only need to do this once.
- Access Control – If you want to restrict access to pages, categories, blocks or products to segments in your store check this option. This option is most commonly used for private sales.
- Log Attributes – When you are building customer segments you can add several conditions, a few of them are related to the customer activity in the store. Conditions like “Bought Product with Attribute”, “Views Frequently Products with Attribute”, etc. When you choose one of those conditions, we will list all options for the attributes selected in this option. Imagine that you want to know the customer who visited/bought products from a certain brand or color. You should select the “Color” and “Manufacturer” attribute in the list shown. Please note that only attributes with the type “Select” are displayed.
Warning! These values are collected while the customer navigates in your store. If you change the attributes, results for those attributes will only take in consideration actions taken by customers since the date you changed the attributes. For example: If you added today the attribute “brand”, past views of that attributes for customers can’t be logged.
- Customer Equity Variables – These variables are used when building customer equity. These values vary from sector /company to sector/company. If you are not certain of these values, please ask someone in your company (financial department) values for these options.
- Build Reports Attributes – When you navigate to “Reports/Panda Sales/” you will find a few reports that might contain crucial information about your store and product performance. When view “product performance” reports you have the ability, not only to company performance per segment, but also by attributes. For example: I want to know how brands are performing between themselves. In that case a heat map for attributes will be shown comparing key performance indexes between them. Choose in this option the attributes you want to build reports to. We show reports to a few built-in segments, like sex, age, country and region. When you create a new customer segment, you have the option to build reports for customers that are in that segment. After changing the attributes in this section, you must rebuild all reports for the new options take effect. Please check the “General” section in the Green Flying Panda Configuration.
Types of Reports to Build - Choose the types of reports to build from the listed options.
Build Country Reports only for the selected countries - Select all Countries to build reports for. If no country is selected, report will be built for all of them.
Build Region Reports only for the selected regions - Select all Regions to build reports for. If no country is selected, report will be built for all of them.
- Email Entry Validation Template – When you create a new form, you might require customers to validate their entry in their email. In here you can choose the template that should be used to send the email message. You can add your own email template using the built-in Magento® tool provided in “Marketing/Communications/Email Templates”
- New Entries Notification – When a new entry is added to the form, add emails that should get a notification. If the entry requires email validation, you will be notified after the validation.